How do you set up a microsoft gamepad in redhat 8

How do you set up a microsoft gamepad in redhat 8

Post by BoredSill » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:30:42

If anyone out there could give me some instructions or point me in the right
direction it would be appreciated.

How do you set up a microsoft gamepad in redhat 8

Post by Tim Steinbac » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:30:18

What kind of Gamepad? I have a Microsoft SideWinder USB. ALl I did was
plug it in and set up the keys in UT and it worked. If it isnt USB then
there may be more work involved.

> If anyone out there could give me some instructions or point me in the right
> direction it would be appreciated.

1. Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad

Hey,

I have a fully working MS Sidewinder Gamepad and wanted to make use of
it. I've added the following line (from LINT) to my kernel config:

device          joy0            at isa? port IO_GAME

Then I recompiled the kernel, rebooted, and did a 'sh MAKEDEV joy' in
/dev/. I assume this is all that is required to enable a joystick/pad. I
couldn't really find any good documentation on this, so I am guessing.
Neither ZSNES nor snes9x see the pad, no matter how I tweak their
configurations.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2. Getting output from background process

3. Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad Setup - Mandrake 8.0

4. Solaris/X86 complains on every boot-up about window manager not being setup - how to fix?

5. joystick module and microsoft sidewinder gamepad

6. RS232 Console

7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

8. OT: default.ida

9. Gravis USB Gamepad, Redhat 7.2 problems

10. Gravis Gamepad Pro on SBLive with 2.4.17 in RedHat 7.2?

11. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

12. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins