Adding RAM

Post by Morte » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:02:13

Hi!

I have a system with RedHat 7.2 and currently have 128 Mb RAM in my machine.
I'm considering installing Oracle 9i so I'd like to upgrade to at least 384
Mb RAM. My question is: Will I need to reconfigure anything in RedHat after
I install the extra memory?

Thanks in advance.

Morten

Adding RAM

Post by Kosh Vade » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:24:53

No... go ahead.

Chris

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:02:13 +0100, "Morten"

>Hi!

>I have a system with RedHat 7.2 and currently have 128 Mb RAM in my machine.
>I'm considering installing Oracle 9i so I'd like to upgrade to at least 384
>Mb RAM. My question is: Will I need to reconfigure anything in RedHat after
>I install the extra memory?

>Thanks in advance.

>Morten

1. Add ram to Linux machine

i know in windows, if i want to update my Pc's memory, all i need is just to
plug in the new memory card, when the pc reboots, it automatically detects
the new memory and updates the memory size.  But in Linux system (I have a
Redhat 7.3), does it follow this same convention (plug and play)?  Do i need
to do some extra configurations in order to make the new ram take effect?
Thank you

2. Autoconf & Non-Recursive Make

3. Kernel Panic after adding RAM (RH 8.0)

4. DevAlias

5. Trying to add RAM to my old Pentium 133MHz machine

6. A sed question

7. adding RAM causes X to stop working

8. Help with mq_notify

9. Help - Adding RAM - Linux doesn't recognize

10. Added RAM: BIOS sees it, FC3 doesn't...help...

11. Added RAM now kernel PANICS!

12. HELP!!!!! Kernel Panic after adding RAM

13. OBsd 2.9: I added RAM but can't see the new part