Development Tools C/C++

Post by Joaquin Rapel » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:06:14

Hello,

Could you please recommend me good tools for C/C++ developing under
Redhat.

I am looking for:

1. A good editor (developing environment) with:
a. Syntax highlighting,
b. Function/Message name completion. In the past I have tried Visual
Slick Edit
that when you start typing the name of a class/message/function already
defined
in your project it automatically completes the name,
c. The editor should we able to run gcc and highlight compilation
errors.

2. A profiler which gives me information about the runtime of a program.
In the
past I have used tools for Smalltalk that analyzed a program while
running
and were displaying a graph showing which message was calling which
message
apart from many other runtime statistics,

3. Some tool for generating automatic documentation like javadoc in Java

4. With the compiler and de* I am more than comfortable with gcc
and gdb
but I would like to hear suggestions.

As usual thank in advance for your great help,
Joaquin

1. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

: :
: : Personally I believe C++ leaped off the edge, and they should have
: : never added templates, but that is my personal opinion.
:
: I think implicit instantiation of templates was definitely jumping off
: the deep end. Explicit instantiation seems more reasonable and within
: the realm of human capabilities to implement robustly.
:

Can someone explain this to me?  I don't know much about compiler
implementation, and would like to know why templates are so troublesome.
As a developer, I find them very useful.

: Larry Edwards
--
Jerry J. Shekhel

                ,    ,                         ,
"Is maith liom Mi Mheain an tSamhraidh." - M. Ni Chobhthaigh

2. Memory in use script...

3. WWW Page for C++ Tools (was Re: Unix Development software - C++ etc.)

4. PANIC with Corollary Multiport

5. Info development tools (Fortran & C++)

6. BIOS incompatibility?

7. The C/C++ development tools under linux

8. /etc/sysconfig/harddisks

9. Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

10. New C++ Development tool for Apache 2.0

11. Announcement: Target, C++ development tool release 1.2

12. Best Linux C++/C Development Tools?

13. Development Tools C/C++