how do you install adaptec ava1505 scsi controller

how do you install adaptec ava1505 scsi controller

Post by Sea » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:39:42

What is the process to install a scsi controller in RedHat 7.1?
I have a workstation loaded and operational. I tried installing a SCSI
controller (i/o=0x140, Int=10) to host a Sony CDROM burner with no
success.The parameters are jumpered on the board. I tried installing
the card from a complete new linux installation and also tried
installing the card after the OS is up and running. No success either
way. The card does not appear to be detected. RedHat indicates the
card is supported using aha152x driver.

The card works. It now hosts a SCSI scanner and CDROM burner in a
windows box.  If I can  successfully install the card I hope to
eliminate that windows box.

I was hoping someone had some experience with this type of
installation and might offer a stepped process to success.

Sean

how do you install adaptec ava1505 scsi controller

Post by Sea » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:28:36

hummm answering my own question.....

to the /etc/modules.conf add
alias scsi aha152x

from command line
modprobe scsi aha152x=0x140,10,7,1

cat /proc/scsi/scsi card is now installed.

took three weeks to arrive at the answer. Trial and error...

Sean

> What is the process to install a scsi controller in RedHat 7.1?
> I have a workstation loaded and operational. I tried installing a SCSI
> controller (i/o=0x140, Int=10) to host a Sony CDROM burner with no
> success.The parameters are jumpered on the board. I tried installing
> the card from a complete new linux installation and also tried
> installing the card after the OS is up and running. No success either
> way. The card does not appear to be detected. RedHat indicates the
> card is supported using aha152x driver.

> The card works. It now hosts a SCSI scanner and CDROM burner in a
> windows box.  If I can  successfully install the card I hope to
> eliminate that windows box.

> I was hoping someone had some experience with this type of
> installation and might offer a stepped process to success.

> Sean

1. Adaptec AVA1505 SCSI controller

Hi there,

I have had some experience with Linux for a year or so now, and have tried
several distributions including Redhat, SuSE and currently  Mandrake 6.1.
The problem I have is with my SCSI card to which I have attached a Phillips
CD writer and an HP scanner. In each of the distributions I have tried I
have been unable to get it to work at all. The kernel configuration program
does not seem to have an option for AVA cards. I've tried other adaptec
drivers at random, with no success. The kernel, I believe is 2.2.10 or
newer.

Can I get kernel source which includes support for this card, or will I be
resigned to having to run Windoze to scan images or write CD's?

Thanks in anticipation,
Paul.

2. Satan under Linux

3. Adaptec AVA1505 SCSI controller and HP6000i DAT tape drive

4. xdm on solaris2.4

5. Installing Linux with SCSI CD Rom Adaptec AIC-6x60 SCSI Controller

6. Linux Frequently Asked Questions 1/5 [monthly posted]

7. Q: SCSI Adaptec AVA1505/1515

8. CONS Infos ?

9. SCSI Adaptec AVA1505 not recognised

10. Driver for Adaptec AVA1505 scsi-card?

11. SCSI AVA1505 Adaptec w/Pioneer DRM-602X CDROM

12. Linux install with Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI Controller

13. Can't Install Rh6.1 Using Adaptec SCSI AIC 6360L Controller