Looking for a Linux program to backup and sycronize files and folders to network drives

Looking for a Linux program to backup and sycronize files and folders to network drives

Post by PhycoBor » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:29:43

Hidey Ho Dudes And Dudettes;

I'm just a newbie.

I'm looking for a Linux program/application, (preferably GUI for Gnome or
KDE) that will automatically backup and synchronize files and folders to
another local drive or network drive.

Thanks for any suggestions

Peter

Looking for a Linux program to backup and sycronize files and folders to network drives

Post by Nathan Nichol » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:19:04

Go take a look at rsync
http://rsync.samba.org

Quote:> Hidey Ho Dudes And Dudettes;

> I'm just a newbie.

> I'm looking for a Linux program/application, (preferably GUI for Gnome or
> KDE) that will automatically backup and synchronize files and folders to
> another local drive or network drive.

> Thanks for any suggestions

> Peter

Looking for a Linux program to backup and sycronize files and folders to network drives

Post by Hu » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:23:56

Backup to a local drive?  Perhaps you should consider software RAID instead.

Huy

Quote: