installing open LDAP on RH 8.0

Post by Chri » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:33:54

Situation:

I have a RedHat 8.0 machine with the following packages installed:

nss_ldap-202-5
openldap-2.0.27-2.8.0
openssl-0.9.6b-33
openssl-devel-0.9.6b-33

I want to install the packages:
openldap-clients-2.0.27-8.i386.rpm
openldap-servers-2.0.27-8.i386.rpm

However if I try to install these packages, I get these errors:
rpm -i openldap-servers-2.0.27-8.i386.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.4 is needed by openldap-servers-2.0.27-8
        libssl.so.4 is needed by openldap-servers-2.0.27-8
        libwrap.so.0 is needed by openldap-servers-2.0.27-8
        openldap = 2.0.27-8 is needed by openldap-servers-2.0.27-8

What do I need to do to get these packages to install?
Thanks ahead of time!

1. RH Email Server (IMAP, LDAP) on RedHat Linux 8.0

I've recently been searching for an easy to install and maintain
open-source email server solution.  I wanted it to authenticate to an
LDAP server (for ease of SSO) and provide secure POP and IMAP access
to our users.  I've not had luck until recently when I cam across:

http://rhems.sourceforge.net/

The RHSD (RH Server Development) project includes:
Web-Based Email Client for Users        Web-Based Administration Tools
LDAP Directory / Authentication         Role-Based Tool Delegation
Mail Filtering  Spam Blocking
Addressbooks

Additionally, the following support is planned:
Calendar Server         Native Email List Functionality
DNS Name Resolution     Full RHSD Interopability

The best part is that it effortlessly installs on RedHat 8.0 in a
matter of minutes.

I just wanted to post this so that others looking for something
similar might have a chance to check this project out.

[I am not associated with this project in any way other than as a
user]

2. [RFC] atm lane and mpoa locking (and ref counting) cleanup

3. RH 8.0 install problems

4. Wacom tablet + XFree86 4.0

5. RH 8.0 can't enter into graphical install mode

6. slip connection in VENIX

7. RH 8.0 hangs on install

8. samba+socket

9. Help! - Can't re-install RH 8.0

10. RH 8.0 / Gateway Install Problems

11. Installing RH 8.0: more control over which packages?

12. blue screen with error when trying to install RH 8.0

13. How to install RH 8.0 on an High Point HPT370 Raid