Bootup splash screen

Post by Eduard Kley » Fri, 31 May 2002 06:58:32

Hello group.
At the time of RH 7.2 or 7.3 installation you can see a little pinguin
(for 7.2) or RH banner (for 7.3). Does anybody know how to get so it would
show on the normal bootup. I was playing with kernel progress patching and
was wondering if RH created it the same way or they're using patched
mgetty for it. Anyway it's still a mistery for me.
If anybody knows how to get it please let me know.

p.s. for those who didn't understand (I'm not talking about lilo boot)
this is different

Bootup splash screen

Post by Sly Me » Fri, 31 May 2002 16:01:06

On Wed, 29 May 2002 16:58:32 -0500, Eduard Kleyn said:

Quote:> Hello group.
> At the time of RH 7.2 or 7.3 installation you can see a little pinguin
> (for 7.2) or RH banner (for 7.3). Does anybody know how to get so it would
> show on the normal bootup. I was playing with kernel progress patching and
> was wondering if RH created it the same way or they're using patched
> mgetty for it. Anyway it's still a mistery for me.
> If anybody knows how to get it please let me know.

> p.s. for those who didn't understand (I'm not talking about lilo boot)
> this is different

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO.html

I think that's what you want, anyway.

--
Plagiarism saves time.

1. splash screen at bootup

I heard about a program not so long ago that allowed for a splash screen to
be displayed when linux boots.. instead of just watching all the modules
load and deamons start and stuff.. is there such a program and if so could
someone give me a url to it..

thanks
chris

2. NCSA httpd 1.4.2 scrambling long(ish) docs

3. Splash Scrren on Bootup, how?

4. Kernel compilation problem with Slackware 3.0

5. startx -> KDE splash -> blank screen

6. firewall help

7. Splash screen during boot?

8. RS/6000 43P/260

9. Kernel Splash Screen?

10. splash screen psuedo device bitmap resolution

11. LILO splash screen.

12. splash screen issue with bimap resolution

13. Splash screen in SuSE 7.3