logins left after logging out

Post by Jim Cadie » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:34:54

I have had RH 7.2 installed about 2 weeks.  I boot into runlevel 5. I
have noticed that after logging out and then hours later logging in
again, doing a finger shows my earlier login still active.  A ps shows
some processes still going as well.  This does not seem right to me.
Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Jim Cadien

1. Left vs. Ctl-Left vs. Alt-Left

I'm running Red Hat Linux 4.1.  For Bash, I'd like to be able to associate
different commands to the left arrow key, ctl-left and alt-left.  Likewise for
the right arrow key.  Unfortunately, "cat -t" and "ctl-v" both report that all
variants of left generate the same keystroke;  likewise for right.  Is there any
way to generate a different command for each variant?

Dave Morgenlender

2. Want cflow and cxref utilities ...

3. Can apache/stronghold log when a user 'click outs' of your site?

4. Yet another log watcher (tkwatch)

5. Keeping Track of my Login/outs?csh script

6. detecting remote client closed socket in select/threaded program.

7. /var/log/secure logs telnet connects but not logins?

8. Possible to compile kernel on Sun Sparc?

9. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

10. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

11. User logged out but ghost left behind ........

12. KDM gives only xterm in left uperhand corner when logged in

13. Telnetsnoopd leaves the user logged in... help!