need help with onboard RAID

Post by n.. » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 01:59:23

hi.. i've exhausted all the avenues of support, and i'm now writing this
email in the hopes that you can answer my question.

here are my system specs:
Abit BL7-RAID motherboard (with highpoint370 chipset)
2 Maxtor 30G harddisks
512 MB PC133 SDRAM
RedHat Linux 7.1 (seawolf)
floppy, cd-rom, vid card, etc.

I've installed the HPT370 driver successfully for my abit BL7-RAID
motherboard.  I rebuilt the mirror under from HPT BIOS utility, and after
finishing, booted up Redhat and the mirror rebuilt/synchronized.
after synchronization was completed, from the command line, cat
/proc/scsi/hpt370/0 responded with: RAID-Status normal.

But now every time I restart the PC, it stops within the HPT-Bios saying:

The device of Primary Master isn't accomplish rebuild, recommend you finish
it
The device of Primary Slave isn't accomplish rebuild, recommend you finish
it

Therefore I rebuilt the Array using the HPT-Bios with Rebuild Array! After
doing this, the message doesn't occur, but when I start Linux, Linux again
starts to rebuild the mirror, and when it's done with it, the message from
the HPT-Bios occurs again.

The Problem is, that the BIOS stops booting every time the above mentioned
message occurs, and as this machine is supposed to be a server, I don't
want to need physical access to the machine every time that i need to
reboot the server.

thanks in advance,
b.

1. need help with onboard RAID!

[...]

2. Stp: Unexpected internal error on HP SureStore 6000 DAT

3. need help with onboard RAID

4. increase size of filesystem

5. server/raid/solaris upgrading - need help (raid manager)

6. serious libc.5.2.18-upgrade problems

7. SiS onboard video -- need identification help

8. "S3 Trio64 UV+"? chipset

9. Need Help to config on-board NIC in slackware 7.1

10. Installing FreeBSD 4.4 on a Asus A7V133 with onboard RAID

11. onboard Gigabyte Ite raid controler as normal ata 133

12. Adaptec ICH5R-S SATA RAID (onboard)

13. RAID-onboard question for RH5.2