Red Hat 9 cannot install sofware

Post by E-Wi » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 05:13:23

Dear all,

i am a newbie in Linux and i just installed RH9 on my machine. My
problem is that i cannot seem to be able to install any software. I am
getting a failed dependencies error.

In particular i enter the following command on the shell:
rpm -ivh opera-7.11-20030515.1-static-qt.i386.rpm

and i get the following message:
error: Failed dependencies:
        libXm.so.2 is needed by opera-7.11-20030515.1

Am i doing something wrong? Where can i get libXm.so.2?

Thank you, and sorry if my question is too neophytish ;)

Pete

http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=486

--

Mauriat
----------------------------

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Why compiler of Sun forte developer 6 can't find stdio.h?

3. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2

4. modem installation & no sound

5. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

6. Suse6.4 and lpd (must invoke)

7. Cannot install Red Hat Linux Library on RH Linux 5.0

8. TERM-telnet

9. Red Hat RPM troubles: cannot install kernel-header

10. Cannot install Red Hat 8.0

11. 7.2 Install cannot find Red Hat CD-ROM

12. Why I cannot install Red Hat Linux 7.1???

13. cannot install red hat 7.3 due to previous partitions.