PPP Dialup question...

Post by Ben M » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have my server dialing out to the net.. providing me with a PPP
connection..

What I notice however, is that it is painfully slow to surf on my IP
Masqurading machine when it automatically fetches my email.

No one online ---- it works fine and speed is acceptable.

Someone picks up mail... and the thing pratically dies.

How can one tell what the speed of the connection is?  I did a ifconfig and
it said I had errors 7 and frame:7  not that I know what that means.. but it
doesn't sound good.

-ben

.nospam  or just reply to this newsgroup.

Thanks.
-ben

1. reconnecting ppp dialup -- question from RIP

Does anyone out there know how to setup ppp so that it will redial the
number if disconnected and also set this dialup to start automactically upon
bootup. I know how to do this through the control panel in X but I can't
stand X and want to get rid of it and just use linux. Anyone know how to do
this or where information about something like this can be found???

Thanks
RIP

2. Touchscreen and Drag'n'Drop

3. PPP dialup question

4. find did not include subdirectory

5. Who eats my ACK-packet

6. question concerning ppp dialup, chap, and adding routes

7. system commander

8. Newbie Question Re: PPP dialup

9. NT and Linux PPP dialup bps rate questions

10. newbie question: ppp dialup problem

11. PPP connection via mac or win modem dialup to dedicated Linux ppp server

12. Solaris 2.4 PPP <----> Win95 Dialup PPP Anybody?