Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI

Post by Davi » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:03:59

I have a new machine running RedHat 7.  When I run the sound configuration tool
it tells me that I have an Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI but that this is not supported.
Is there a driver available for this card?

Thanks,
David Suna

Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI

Post by Davi » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:51:36

> I have a new machine running RedHat 7.  When I run the sound configuration tool
> it tells me that I have an Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI but that this is not supported.
> Is there a driver available for this card?

> Thanks,
> David Suna

I found a reference on the net that the es1371 driver will allow the 5880 card
to work.  I tried it and it works.

1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI\Ensoniq 5880

I have recently bought a Sound Blaster 16 PCI for my system, and I'm trying
to get it to work in Linux.

I am running Red Hat 7.0 with a 2.4.2 kernel (Sound support is compiled as a
module).  I'm have a dual boot with Windows NT.

Although my sound card is a Sound Blaster 16 PCI, sndconfig says that it is
an Ensoniq 5880, so they are probably basically the same.  But then it says
it is not supported! I think this is kind of odd, because it is a Sound
Blaster 16, and the only difference is the PCI instead of the ISA.

I don't really know what to do to make it work.  So if anyone has any
suggestions...they would be appreciated.

I can rebuild the kernel if required, but I would rather just recompile
modules because the kernel takes forever to do.

Thanks

2. How to get JetDirect support into ODT 3.0

3. 2.2.18: difficulties with Ensoniq 5880 (es1371) rev 0x03?

4. Restrictin access via su

5. es1371 driver: ensoniq 5880 distortion

6. RS6000 hard drive's, what's supported?

7. Ensoniq 5880 - digital audio output - how?

8. chmod error

9. Creative CT 5880 on board soundchip supported? (CT5880, CT-5880)

10. VIA Apollo 133A chipset & CT 5880 sound

11. patch, Ensoniq AudioPCI + 2.0.35

12. Ensoniq AudioPCI help - newbie

13. Please Read: Redhat v5.1, Ensoniq AudioPCI w/ patch and MISC