Setting up video capture hardware

Post by Richard Deele » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:28:11

Question: What/where is info on setting up h/w under Linux
that is not already covered by the installation process ?
(video cards, mouse, CD etc. all working fine).

I have a Hauppage tuner card and various forms of apps/drivers
etc. (bttv, xawtv). Nothing doing. I think the problem may be
fundamental and related to IRQ/DMA issues but this is only
a guess. For example: if the modem is in use, any attempt to
access the video device returns a device in use error.

The tuner card works fine under Windows on the same machine
Everything is plug and play. The modem and the tuner card have
the same IRQ, but different addresses. There are no conflicts under
windows. Under Linux (if I don't use the modem), I am unable to
get anything but static noise. I am presuming that I have the
settings correct for the various apps and that I have all the
necessary modules loaded (which of couse may not be the case).

So, how do I go about configuring this in a way that keeps Linux
happy.  Is there a simple way to check at a very basic level that
the card is installed and responding correctly. Can I 'ping' it
in some way or otherwise ensure that step 1 is OK before I
go and mess with the apps/modules some more.  (RH 6.2).

1. Sony FunMail video capture hardware

The Sony FunMail video camera and PCI video capture card is selling
at a pretty good price.  Does anyone have any experience with trying
to make one of these work with FreeBSD?

Maybe the Sony product is too new to show up in the video capture
project pages.  I also haven't managed to get my hands on one to
see whether the video capture adapter is a supported BrookTree one.
Has anyone else?

Ottawa, ON             FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

2. MARS NWE Novell server.

3. Hardware for video capture from camera?

4. Passwords

5. Video Capture Hardware

6. Upper case --> lower case

7. mpeg capture from video capture card

8. followup to my X-windows dilemma

9. Capture mpeg from video capture card.

10. problems setting video capture system

11. I find PCI video grabber(or video capture card) supporting Linux

12. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

13. Video Crunch It 1001 Video Capture Card