OpenSource GRID/batch computing software for Linux?

OpenSource GRID/batch computing software for Linux?

Post by Sunil Mudholka » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 06:34:20

Anyone know of any software (free/OpenSource) for Linux that can be used to
allocate CPU time from a server pool to run batch processes? We have some
servers with low loads at night that could be allocated to other proccesses
(engineering designs, etc.) I  know of the good stuff such as LSF but those
are very pricey and unfortunately Sun's works in Linux but only when you run
on Sparc.

thanks

OpenSource GRID/batch computing software for Linux?

Post by Ron Ch » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:02:40

Hi,

Sun's GridEngine is at least as good as LSF, and it's free+opensource
for AIX, *BSD, HPUX, IRIX, Linux, MacOSX, Solaris, Tru64, NEC SX,
Cray, Win2K.

The site is:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/

There are a lot of friendly users, 3rd party commpany support people,
and Sun's developers on the mailing lists:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/maillist.html

 -Ron