RH8.0 screen refresh rate

Post by Frank Rizz » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:17:36

How do I change screen refresh rate from default.  I want to set it to 75
Hertz.  Thanks

--
Frank

RH8.0 screen refresh rate

Post by Joe Ramirez, Jr » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:09:57

you have to know the vertical and horizontal refresh rates for your
monitor and put them into your XF86Config file per the manual "man
XF86Config" these can be found either in the manuals that came with the
monitor, or via the manufacturer's website.  and if you're lucky, on a
sticker on the back of the monitor. also, you will usually get the highest
refresh rate your monitor can handle at the resolution you use so if
you're dead set on having a 75Hz refresh rate you may have to change to a
resolution where that is the highest refresh rate.

--Joe

> How do I change screen refresh rate from default.  I want to set it to 75
> Hertz.  Thanks

> --
> Frank

1. Screen refresh rate

Hello.  I'm a relatively new user of Linux.  I'm running Redhat 4.2 w/
fvwm95 and have a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 video card w/ 2MB of memory
and a NEC A700 17-inch monitor.  I want to run X windows at 1024x768
resolution at 16bpp w/ a vertical refresh rate of 85 Hz.  What files
(I'm thinking the XF86Config file), if any, can I change so that I can
do this?  Thanks ahead of time.

--
 Takuya Kobayashi
 University of Texas At Austin

2. Under what situations is a core file NOT produced?

3. Increasing screen refresh rate

4. IDE RAID 0+1 Setup

5. How do I change screen resolution & refresh rate

6. DECTALK voice board conflicts with LINUX ?

7. Any other people experience headache at certain screen refresh rates in X ?

8. Dual boot Linix/Win98

9. flickering screen at 72 refresh rate

10. How to Change Screen Refresh Rate?

11. Refresh rates and screen size