Lan Browsing in RH7.1

Post by hog » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:59:04

Hello All!

Anyone get Lan Browsing to work with RH7.1?

Iv'e had no luck yet...let me know : >

1. Web browsing problems on LAN through RH7.2 ipchains firewall

Hi,

I am having a few problems with a Red Hat 7.2 firewall running ipchains.

The setup is ISP -> ADSL Router -> Firewall -> Hub (rest of LAN).

The workstations on the LAN are configured to query DNS servers of the ISP,
and the firewall as the default gateway.

The problem is Internet browsing.  Unfortunately I am not on site at the
moment so I can't see the problems for myself, but the users are
complaining of slow connections to some web sites, and even timeouts.  I am
not sure how reproducible the problems are, but I would like to know if
there is anything obviosly wrong with the above setup.

Would things be improved by running squid and/or a caching DNS server on
the firewall?  How can I analyse where the holdup is?  For all
I know, it could be network congestion on their LAN, how can I measure this?

Any help would be very much appreciated, I have just about run out of
ideas...

Tony

2. Using RDEVHi,

3. determine throughput from LAN to Internet, Durchsatz vom LAN ins Internet berechnen

4. alpha linux and plug and play (isapnp)

5. Dialing PPP doing browse on LAN. Why?

6. cannot run apache

7. KDE LAN Browsing Doesn't Work

8. KERNEL compilations Q's

9. Using the Lan to Browse HELP