RH 7.1/RR (twcny) problem

Post by Larry Ster » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:01:06

Hi,

Although this seems to be a common problem, none of the solutions posted
have worked for me.  I use Road Runner cable modem with RH 7.1, and even
though Linux recognizes my NIC, I still receive the following error messages
on bootup:

"determing IP information for eth0...operation failed"

then

"bringing up interface eth0: TLAN: eth0: link forced"

From dmesg:

ThunderLAN driver v1.14a
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:0a.0
TLAN: eth0 irq= 9, io=d000, Compaq NetFlex-3/P, Rev. 16
TLAN: 1 device installed, PCI: 1  EISA: 0
TLAN:  eth0: Link forced.
TLAN:  eth0: Link forced.
TLAN:  eth0: Link forced.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.

TIA,
Larry Stern