Malformed patch at line XX - Patching C code Problem

Malformed patch at line XX - Patching C code Problem

Post by Stacey Sha » Thu, 29 May 2003 03:43:09

Hey guys, I have a problem.

I'm having a problem adapting a qmail patch.  I have a piece of code
(qmail-smtpd.c) that is patched (offsets), not original.  The patch
I'm trying to apply was written for the raw source *.c file.  I've

line to match the new location in the code that the patch is to be
applied.  The change I made was:

But I get the following error:

I know the location in the code that I need to add the patch to, but I
don't know what the error message means or what to do about it.

Does anyone have the answer, a tip or a URL for me to check out?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stacey

1. how to get souurce code from two s.patch and s.patch.bz2.orig

Dear Linux programmers:

  I assume this discuss group is ever handleing source code of linux
os.
two questions:
(1)how to get source code from
s.patch and s.patch.bz2.orig, I assume they are related or may be not
(2) got compile error on simeple hello.c program

int main() {
        printf("hello world");
        return 0;

as: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2.3' not found (required by
/usr/lib/libbfd-2.11.92.0.12.so)

what file I may lack to cause this crroor?  it work well before, on
mandrake8.0.

2. DHCP config for @home cable service?

3. firewall kernel: martian source 196.xx.xx.xx from 165,146.xx.xx on dev eth0 ???

4. New slackware disk won't reconize Sony CD-R drive. HELP!

5. Patches, patches and more patches

6. yahoo messenger problem

7. Patches Patches Patches

8. Help with compile error 'c11plus:/tmp/caa00260.s :I/O error'

9. Patches, Patches, Patches

10. Could not reverse map address xx.xx.xx.xx???

11. Malformed patch 2.5.51-mm2

12. connection was refused when connect to xx.xx.xx.xx

13. problem with patch 109409-01 (ntp patch)