Adelphia Power Link 2-way Cable Internet Connection

Adelphia Power Link 2-way Cable Internet Connection

Post by Frank E Harrell J » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:57:04

Is there a how-to for setting this up?  I see a nice one for
the cable/phone combo but not for two-way cable.  I would especially
like to set this up on RedHat 7.  Thanks in advance.
--
Frank E Harrell Jr              Prof. of Biostatistics & Statistics
Div. of Biostatistics & Epidem. Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences

1. Cable Internet connection? (Adelphia two way)

Hi,

I will be getting the adelphi two way cable within couple of days. I am
using debian unstable with 2.2.18 kernel.  I already have
/etc/dhclient.conf and will place the following at
the beginnig (? or should be bottom?) /etc/dhclient.conf. The cable
company dynamicly assigns ip addresses every 3 hrs I heard.

interface "eth1" {
     send host-name "xxxxxxxxx-a";
     request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers,
domain-name-servers, domain-name;

Do I need to get other packages like dhcp?
Thanks, AS

2. Does a self ping physically leave?

3. Any experience with Adelphia's cable internet connection?

4. EVENT: Free presentation: QUEST remotely operated submarine

5. Internet-Junkie Linux-Newbie Trying to Configure Cable Internet Connection

6. root partition on second disk

7. Adelphia cable modem and linux

8. iptables and dhcp won't forward

9. 2-way/hybrid cable modem - simple output req

10. cable modem from adelphia

11. DHCP Client - Adelphia Cable Modem - Help?!?

12. Adelphia cable systems, Linux, and pain.

13. Adelphia Cable Modem + Linux