Linux Newbie needs help with xinerama

Post by dogbi » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:30:58

Hey Everybody,

I  have a linux Red Hat 8.0 box which, I use for one single
applicaion. I need to run my Red Hat 8.0 box with an Nvidia geforce MX
dual head video card. I need it to configured it with 2 screens with a
pixel 15% percent  overlap in the center edges of both screens.

That 's all.  If some linux guru could create a XFree86 config file
for me or tell me how, i would really appreciate it, it will help me
get my work done.

Thanks

Linux Newbie needs help with xinerama

Post by nospa » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 22:54:40

This site is for a radeon, but shows basically what to do: define a
second, vid card, monitor and screen and switch xinerama flags to on.
There's a sample config file.

http://www.linuxdig.com/news_page/1038239754.php

> Hey Everybody,

> I  have a linux Red Hat 8.0 box which, I use for one single
> applicaion. I need to run my Red Hat 8.0 box with an Nvidia geforce MX
> dual head video card. I need it to configured it with 2 screens with a
> pixel 15% percent  overlap in the center edges of both screens.

> That 's all.  If some linux guru could create a XFree86 config file
> for me or tell me how, i would really appreciate it, it will help me
> get my work done.

> Thanks

1. Help with xinerama, please, newbie...

Gets the following error:
server doesn't exist tried to use ../../usr/X11R6/bin/XF_86 SVGA
I'm trying to enable an S3 Virge 4M as my secondary card with an NEC
5FGe as my secondary monitor.
My primary card is a Voodoo 2000 PCI, Viewsonic 17GS monitor, which
runs fine under X, KDE desktop, in RH7.
I've spent the evening trying to find some help on this issue, but so
far have pulled up a blank.
Any help, pointers, url's,  would be appreciated.
--
        TIA ~oDDmON oUT
--

2. PhoneNET III cards

3. Newbie requests help trying to enable xinerama...

4. Question about FLEX -- how to ???

5. <help>Linux newbies need help with CD and soundcard<help>

6. RedHat 8.0 european locales

7. Help needed with xinerama

8. Need Recommendation for Fast Network Benchmark Programs

9. Almost have XFree86-4.0 working dual head and in xinerama, but need some help

10. What Linux version is needed for Xinerama?

11. Xinerama on 4 displays, 5th display not xinerama - possible?

12. Linux newbie lost mouse in Xfree86 after recompiling kernel, need help to help himOne

13. Newbie To Linux Need Help Makeing It Boot.....PLEASE HELP