## Multiple OS Suugestion

Post by PC Gu » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 23:11:32

I am planing on installing Redhat 6.2 on a P// 350 with 512MB ram and a
40GB Maxtor hard drive. THe machine is alredy dual booting into
Windows2000 and Windows98 using Powerquest's Boot Magic. The machine also
has an additional primary partition accessible through Boot Magic which
has a second copy of Windows2000 on it for testing purposes only. The
drive also has an extended partition with several logical drives.

Will there be a problem with installing Redhat on this machine? In other
words will I have to remove one of the three exisiting bootable primary
partitions in order to get Redhat installed on it? Also do I have to get
the boot partition below 8GB is that it boots properly? I was also
thinking of having only two addtional partitions one for Redhat and the
other for the swapfile.

I assume that Boot Magic will be able to boot to Redhat once it is
installed.