linux cluster

Post by Tony » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:16:54

I have about 5 old junk computers - ranging from pentium 166, 200 to pentium
233-300.

All have different hardware. Is it possible to set them all up as a cluster?

linux cluster

Post by Sal » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:31:39

Quote:> I have about 5 old junk computers - ranging from pentium 166, 200 to
pentium
> 233-300.

> All have different hardware. Is it possible to set them all up as a
cluster?

I'm also looking into setting up a small cluster.  Have a look at
www.linuxvirtualserver.org , you should find some usefull information there.

1. Can linux or linux clustering do this... ?

Is there a way to join multiple linux hosts to:

[1]  Cumulatively raise the total number of cpu cycles for completing
a single task or multiple tasks in less time;

[2]  Cumulatively raise the total number of processors such that the
total load capacity for the group of hosts increases in some
proportion to the number of added processor hosts;

[3]  Affect a similar net result to SMP, but whereas the processors do
not exist on the same physical host?

I have done some preliminary looking into clustering and I remain
uncertain as to whether or not clustering meets any of the above
criteria.

Can anybody point me into the right direction please?

TIA,
Charles Wilkins

2. Advice needed for ELF upgrade!

3. CFP: Linux Clustering Workshop at Linux Kongress 2001

4. DLL loading...

5. Apache+mysql on linux cluster!

6. Sending Mail with attachment from Command Line in Linux

7. Is anyone working on Linux Clustering?

8. AFS player

9. Linux Cluster Rendering for Maya

10. home linux cluster ?

11. linux-cluster list

12. NCSA build Playstation 2 Linux cluster -- ncsa.UIUC.edu

13. linux clustering