Red Hat 7.2 installation fails to recognize the keyboard during installation

Red Hat 7.2 installation fails to recognize the keyboard during installation

Post by Brian Masini » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:56:16

I am using Red Hat 7.1 to post this message, proof that my
configuration was once supported.  I have a Compaq Presario,
using one of those Compaq Internet keyboards.  In Red Hat 7.1,
this keyboard gets recognized as a generic 105 key
U.S./International keyboard, and I can very easily install
and use my system without any problem at all.

Imagine my surprise when I attempted to install the 2 CD version
of Red Hat 7.2, only to discover, early in the installation process,
that my keyboard is not even recognized, no matter how I attempt
to identify it.

I've tried the standard installation, taking the defaults.
This worked beautifully in 7.1, not now.  I tried selecting a
variety of different keyboard styles; none responded to input.
I tried running the installation in text mode.  That was worse
- I couldn't do anything at all except shut the machine off
and try again.

Yet when I run Red Hat 7.1 or any of my other Linux systems,
everything still works great.

What's going on, where's the regression, and is there any way
I can work around this problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Let me know if any
additional information would be helpful.

Thanks!
Brian Masinick

1. Red Hat Linux 7.2 installation failed

Hi!

I tried installing Red Hat Linux 7.2 on my old desktop (a Compaq Deskpro
2000 Pentium with 16MB RAM) but the installation quit due to low RAM. Any
Mandrake/Caldera/SuSe Linux versions that do the same?

-Nix

PS: BTW, the Red Hat Linux 7.1 installation worked but my graphic card isn't
supported(Cirrus Logic with 1MB RAM)

PPS: BTW, just in case there are any Compaq critics out there, Red Hat Linux
7.2 installed perfectly on my Compaq Presario 1800EA laptop and even
detected the Lucent Winmodem!

2. Telnet Disable Local Echo

3. Red Hat Linux 3.0.3 doesn't recognize my CD-ROM drive during installation

4. Using a PC terminal emulator as a console

5. Quake III ?

6. red hat 6.2 installation hangs during package installation step

7. where are mproc, maxuser system params?

8. CD Mount fails during Red Hat Installation

9. NIC installation/Network Setup in Red Hat 7.2?

10. Installation problems with RED hat linux 7.1 and 7.2

11. Problems with installation of Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PCMCIA card on Red Hat Linux 7.2

12. Telnet Server Installation [Red Hat 7.2]