Please help!! I need to remove sendmail!

Please help!! I need to remove sendmail!

Post by Hate » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:26:12

I tried to install qmail and went through all the procedures in the HOW-TO
and everything was ok!!
EXCEPT!! when I tried to unpack qmail-1.03+patches-18.src.rpm
with --rebuild option..
it seemed compiled and did everything right, until the end, it displayed an
error message
Conflicts: sendmail qmail-cyclog
and then there are automatic script to remove qmail from the computer..

is there a clean way to remove sendmail !!!

Please help!!

Post by Mike Golde » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 05:47:03

> I tried to install qmail and went through all the procedures in the HOW-TO
> and everything was ok!!
> EXCEPT!! when I tried to unpack qmail-1.03+patches-18.src.rpm
> with --rebuild option..
> it seemed compiled and did everything right, until the end, it displayed an
> error message
> Conflicts: sendmail qmail-cyclog
> and then there are automatic script to remove qmail from the computer..

> is there a clean way to remove sendmail !!!

> Please help!!

How 'bout a:

rpm -qa | grep sendmail

Then do a:

rpm -e sendmailx-x.yadayadayada
--
What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog,

Post by Gregg Morri » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 17:55:34

> > is there a clean way to remove sendmail !!!

> > Please help!!

> How 'bout a:

> rpm -qa | grep sendmail

> Then do a:

> rpm -e sendmailx-x.yadayadayada
> --

This should be: $ rpm -e sendmail

1. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

Hi,
I have Sophos+AmiVis installed with sendmail 8.9.3, and Sophos. On FreeBSD
2.2

I've got everything working except the sendmail.cf bit.
The instructions with the AmiVIs thing on the website, are pretty simple -
but dont work!

I changed the sendmail.cf to read as they say, but sendmail then complains
that there is no local mailer ?

Does any one have this combination running, and could give me a clue here.

Thanks very much for any help,

Cheers
Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Clipart And Books
Art, Design and Graphics.

2. DOS logging on Linux

4. Over-commitment swap policy on Linux

5. I need help w/ sendmail, please!

6. X-server for Ahead?

7. Need help with sendmail - please!

8. bug? linux drops broadcasts..

9. still need printer help please please please

10. Bizarre: Sendmail Connects Then Times Out...Sendmail Gurus Please Help

11. Help still needed please, please, please...

12. HELP, Need help on Solaris 8, Please, Please

13. Remove sendmail package without removing files