new kernel & grub

Post by othersid » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 20:16:55

i compiled a new kernel and now i need to put it into the bootmenu...
how can i do this ?

new kernel & grub

Post by Dennis K Gro » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 04:35:31

see: info grub

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Multiboot-with-GRUB.html

http://www-900.ibm.com/developerWorks/education/linux/l-grub_eng/l-gr...

--
Dennis K. Grow
RedHat 7.2  Kernel: 2.4.13  KDE: 2.2-10  ALSA: 0.5.11

1. Help to boot new kernel with grub -delited the old kernel before tried the new one

Hi.
Can someone help, how to update Grub so I can boot into linux. I
updated the kernel with up2date software on RedHat and followed the
Instructions to delete the old kernel files from /boot and now I can't
boot into anything old or new kernel. What do I do to boot into linux.
And Grub boot loader doesn't let me run any usefull commands. Thank
you. I tried to update Redhat 7.3 so it would let me boot into linux
but that didn't work. Thank you.

2. honeypot

3. Red Hat 6.0 && init messages && new kernel

4. Kernal panics: Need help!!

5. How to put new build kernel into Grub

6. Q:How to clean out LILO

7. booting new kernels: lilo/grub problem

8. SunISDN available

9. New Kernel and Grub problem

10. GrUB Hangs after new kernel installed

11. GRUB: adding a new kernel boot entry

12. How to boot new Kernel with Grub -deleted the old files in /boot directory

13. first attempt to compile a new kernel and editing GRUB