Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by James Knot » Sat, 11 May 2002 07:05:27



I have just upgraded to RH 7.3, but now I can't run Webmin at
http://localhost:10000: or the Cups configuration at http://localhost:631:.

Is there some setting in 7.3 that I've missed or forgotten about?

tnx jk

--

All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


james.knott.

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by Jon Cheuvron » Sat, 11 May 2002 10:10:12


first try http://192.160.1.1:10000  of course replace the ip with the ip of
the machine.


Quote:> I have just upgraded to RH 7.3, but now I can't run Webmin at
> http://localhost:10000: or the Cups configuration at

http://localhost:631:.

> Is there some setting in 7.3 that I've missed or forgotten about?

> tnx jk

> --

> All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


> james.knott.


 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by James Knot » Sat, 11 May 2002 21:11:47


Already tried that.  Exact same problem.


> first try http://192.160.1.1:10000  of course replace the ip with the ip
> of the machine.



>> I have just upgraded to RH 7.3, but now I can't run Webmin at
>> http://localhost:10000: or the Cups configuration at
> http://localhost:631:.

>> Is there some setting in 7.3 that I've missed or forgotten about?

>> tnx jk

>> --

>> All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


>> james.knott.

--

All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


james.knott.

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by James Knot » Sat, 11 May 2002 23:12:53


I got webmin going by reinstalling it, now to see what's blocking Cups
configuration.


> Already tried that.  Exact same problem.


>> first try http://192.160.1.1:10000  of course replace the ip with the ip
>> of the machine.



>>> I have just upgraded to RH 7.3, but now I can't run Webmin at
>>> http://localhost:10000: or the Cups configuration at
>> http://localhost:631:.

>>> Is there some setting in 7.3 that I've missed or forgotten about?

>>> tnx jk

>>> --

>>> All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


>>> james.knott.

--

All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


james.knott.

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by James Knot » Sun, 12 May 2002 01:43:40


Got it all solved.  Cups wasn't being started.


> I got webmin going by reinstalling it, now to see what's blocking Cups
> configuration.


>> Already tried that.  Exact same problem.


>>> first try http://192.160.1.1:10000  of course replace the ip with the ip
>>> of the machine.



>>>> I have just upgraded to RH 7.3, but now I can't run Webmin at
>>>> http://localhost:10000: or the Cups configuration at
>>> http://localhost:631:.

>>>> Is there some setting in 7.3 that I've missed or forgotten about?

>>>> tnx jk

>>>> --

>>>> All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


>>>> james.knott.

--

All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


james.knott.

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by Wendy » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 05:08:39



> I got webmin going by reinstalling it, now to see what's blocking Cups
> configuration.

I just installed 7.3 (formerly a Caldera user) and Webmin doesn't seem
to be anywhere on the machine.  The package list at
http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/pl_rhl.html does not list it.

So I just wondered, when you say 'reinstalling' it, was it really
there to begin with?

--
Wendy

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by James Knot » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 07:09:44





>> I got webmin going by reinstalling it, now to see what's blocking Cups
>> configuration.

> I just installed 7.3 (formerly a Caldera user) and Webmin doesn't seem
> to be anywhere on the machine.  The package list at
> http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/pl_rhl.html does not list it.

> So I just wondered, when you say 'reinstalling' it, was it really
> there to begin with?

I think it was, but can't recall.  However, this computer was previously
running RH 7.2, so it might have been left over from that.

Eitherway, it's available for download.  It should be available from the
usual suspects, such as rpmfind or freshmeat.  If not, do a search on
webmin.

--

All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


james.knott.

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by Wendy » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 08:23:43


Wendy wrote

>> So I just wondered, when you say 'reinstalling' it, was it really
>> there to begin with?

> I think it was, but can't recall.  However, this computer was previously
> running RH 7.2, so it might have been left over from that.

> Eitherway, it's available for download.  It should be available from the
> usual suspects, such as rpmfind or freshmeat.  If not, do a search on
> webmin.

I got it straight from www.webmin.com and let KPackage do its thing.  Linux
is getting so _easy_ now...

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ

 
 
 

Webmin etc on RH 7.3

Post by James Knot » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 10:24:52



> Linux
> is getting so easy now...

Shhh!!!  That's supposed to be a secret.  ;-)

--

All the facts above are true, except for the ones I made up.


james.knott.