About Z file ext

Post by Steven Zhan » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 05:57:59

Hi, I am newbie for Linux(Redhat 7.3). May I ask a simply question?
I have shell script

  uncompress  *.Z

But it is said "uncompress" command is not found. Where I can find the
command "uncompress" or use another command to do the same thing. Thanks for
any help.

Newbie

About Z file ext

Post by Andrew Taylo » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:09:28

uncompress should be part of the ncompress RPM.  If it isn't installed,
gunzip will work just as well.

Andrew