linuxconfig

Post by Mike Rapp » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:58:28

I am new to Linux and just installed Redhat 7.1 deluxe.
I chose the custom installation option and after I was looking
for linuxconf in the filesystem and also in the Gnome Menus
and cannot find it. I was logged in as root. Is it a option
that I may not have installed?

Thanks.
Mike Rappe

linuxconfig

Post by Paul » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:56:44

correct

> I am new to Linux and just installed Redhat 7.1 deluxe.
> I chose the custom installation option and after I was looking
> for linuxconf in the filesystem and also in the Gnome Menus
> and cannot find it. I was logged in as root. Is it a option
> that I may not have installed?

> Thanks.
> Mike Rappe

linuxconfig

Post by Mike Thar » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:13:25

Quote:> correct

> > I am new to Linux and just installed Redhat 7.1 deluxe.
> > I chose the custom installation option and after I was looking
> > for linuxconf in the filesystem and also in the Gnome Menus
> > and cannot find it. I was logged in as root. Is it a option
> > that I may not have installed?

Find the linuxconf rpm file and rpm -Uvh  (or -Ivh) <path to file.rpm>

linuxconfig

Post by argus rogu » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:57:37

it's located in the /etc directory...

argus

> I am new to Linux and just installed Redhat 7.1 deluxe.
> I chose the custom installation option and after I was looking
> for linuxconf in the filesystem and also in the Gnome Menus
> and cannot find it. I was logged in as root. Is it a option
> that I may not have installed?

> Thanks.
> Mike Rappe

1. Modem and linuxconfig

I am running RedHat 6.0 in a custom 450mhz AMD computer with a 56k Dual
Mode Zoom External Modem. It is the Lucent tech. Chipset. My question is
this:
I set up my modem in linuxconf and after saving it, tried to use the
modem. Linux conf has taken the first six digits of the phone number and
inserted it into the line above it asking for the command to dial.
It look like this :

  dial command:                ATDT425-805
   phone number:                -4507
 or something very similar to that. I re-installed the os since I hadn't
had it installed for more than 5 minutes but it did the same thing. I
can't use LINUX if I can't get onto the internet with it.Any ideas as to
what happened and how to fix it? I also used Mandrake 6.0 and Root could
use the modem but any user the phone number defaults to the same
thing????? HELP Please.

2. Automatic backup to tape

3. Linuxconfig not going gui?

4. can we make anonymous memory non-EXECUTABLE?

5. linuxconfig quit, 3 installs back!

6. Explanation of "man" directories

7. dhcp killed swat and linuxconfig

8. bash problem

9. linuxconfig

10. Linuxconfig from command line?

11. Whereis is linuxconfig gui in RH8 ?

12. RH 6.0 Linuxconfig

13. Telnet OK, FTP and linuxconfig not working!