filesystem question - what happens once a file reaches the 4 Gig limit on ext2fs?

filesystem question - what happens once a file reaches the 4 Gig limit on ext2fs?

Post by Huan Nguye » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:17:26

I sometimes get boot errors saying that two files are sharing one inode,
and I have to do a fsck to fix it.  I was wondering if this could be the
cause of a file growing to the 4 Gig limit?  Any input would be
appreciated, thanks :)

huan

1. 2 gig filesize limit ext2fs

hello all,

does the ext2 filesystem have a 2 gig limit for a file size?  i am trying
to dump some large files that are well over 2 gig.

does ext3 or jfs or sgi's xfs have file size limitations?

thanks for all your help

2. 2boot inst w/ Partition *Manager*

3. Getting around the 2 gig filesystem limit

4. Samba Question?

5. Urgent: more probs trying to overcome 2 gig filesystem limit !

6. help c:drive >540mb

7. ext2fs: ext2fs filesystem not available

8. Kppp timeout

9. Boot problem "VFS: file-max limit 8192 reached" anyone help?

10. newbie: copy files until size limit reached

11. What means: VFS: file-max limit 4096 reached

12. File Limit reached?

13. Does Sol 7 have 2 gig file size limit?