Customized installation with customized comps file...

Customized installation with customized comps file...

Post by Marian Step » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:14:53

Hi;

I need to create customized installation of RedHat 7.3 distro. I
already schrunk distro to one CD and created working ks.cfg file. Now
I need to add some custom RPMs to Base install and modify comps file.
Is there resource on the web where I can find detailed description
what is neccessary to do to customize comps file, or somebody of you
guys already did so?

Please include copy to my e-mail address because this is a web post.
Thank you for help.

Marian

1. Customized FreeBSD Installation Media

Hi!
I've just started to play around with customising FreeBSD a bit, with the
Goal to create my own installation-Media. But now I'm stuck somehow.
I've modified the
src/etc/defaults/rc.conf
in my CVS-Repository to my convenience, i.e. added/changed:

keymap="german.iso"
font8x14="iso15-8x14"
font8x16="iso15-8x16"
font8x8="iso15-8x8"

Now, I made a
make release
All went through just fine, yet, when I booted my freshly created
miniinst.iso, my "Umlauts" and the german keymap was not loaded. Well,
just for the fun of it, I installed as is, and after the installation the
system boots up with my customized default, i.e. the fonts and the keymap.

Well, but that still won't fix my problem So I looked at the ISO I
created, and found in /boot/loader.conf:

mfsroot_load="YES"
mfsroot_type="mfs_root"
mfsroot_name="/boot/mfsroot"

Ok, there's a file called /boot/mfsroot.gz. I copied it somewhere,
ungzipped it and mounted it using mdconfig to /mnt Now, there also is an
etc/defaults directory inside that image, but no files in it. So I copied
my src/etc/defaults/rc.conf to it, umounted the image, gzipped it again
and recreated the ISO.

I hoped that this would solve my problem, but no, not at all.

However, maybe one of you guys can tell what I'll have to do to load the
correct font-set and keymap automatically when installing.

Thanks for your help!

--
Florian Schmidt
http://www.bsdforen.de

2. Large HD's(> 8 GB) and Linux

3. Installing customized KDE desktop during installation

4. when is TCP/IP now used w/NFS?

5. Customised installation disk

6. CALL FOR PAPERS -'02 USENIX Annual Tech / Freenix

7. Customised Installation Image.

8. FORTRAN comilers

9. How to load customize modules in Redhat installation?

10. Customizing Log File Formats???

11. restore of customized files

12. how to create file system for customized kernel image

13. configuring customized log file