Install Prob w/ CD

Post by Joseph Meie » Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:34:08

Like I said before....    You must not have tried SuSE, or even RedHat
for that matter!  I'm forced to use RH at work, but prefer SuSE for my
home machine.  Both are rather easy to set up and as long as you don't
have any weird hardware, recognize most everything without it ever asking
you for a driver disk.
I haven't convinced the wife to switch yet (she's getting close, though!
Dammit Quicken!!!!), so she's still using Win98 and if I even try
ANYTHING with her box it dies!

If you want some assistance setting up linux, try looking for a LUG
(Linux User Group) in your area.  Most have install fests every so
often......

I think that the ">" thing is an option in the program. I seem to
remember seeing it as an option, but can't seem to find it right now.....

Still haven't fixed my problem......

Joseph Meier

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

regarding Re: Install Prob w/ CD:

snip, snip

Install Prob w/ CD

Post by Frank Wood, Jr » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:03:03

I have had good luck starting the RH7 installation CD from my MD-DOS
partition.

1. PCMCIA CD-ROM install probs

Hi

I am just a Linux beginner. I have a copy of Caldera OpenLinux (version
2) which I am trying to install onto a Compaq Concerto Laptop.

I have PCMCIA CD-ROM which LISA does not recognise during the
autoprobing phase of the install.

I would be grateful for any help offered.

Thanks and Regards

Mark

2. pcnfsd problems

3. Panasonic CR562B CD install probs

4. Hardware Detection Floppy

5. Linux Install CD Damage, or G4 Probs

6. access to CD with joliet

7. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive

8. Extreme Newbie Modem Setup Help!!!!!!

9. Install Probs. With AcerMagicS20 cd-rom interface

10. Install Prob using Adaptec Total CD Kit (AVA 1505)

11. Install prob. w/tmc1680 & chinon CD-ROM (Yggrassil)

12. Redhat 5.1 install via CD prob

13. Prob. with CD-ROM during install