Upgrade to OpenOffice 1.0.1 Redhat 8

Post by Harry Fin » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:38:38

I just installed Redhat 8, and noticed that Open Office 1.0 is installed by
default.  I'd like to have the newest features and bug fixes, but I'm a
little nervous about installing the newer version and messing up what I've
got.

What's new in 1.0.1, and has anyone upgraded on their Redhat system?

Thanks

Harry

Post by Neo Gi » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:54:32

> I just installed Redhat 8, and noticed that Open Office 1.0 is installed by
> default.  I'd like to have the newest features and bug fixes, but I'm a
> little nervous about installing the newer version and messing up what I've
> got.

> What's new in 1.0.1, and has anyone upgraded on their Redhat system?

> Thanks

> Harry

I am abit doubt that you said your Redhat 8 installed with OpenOffice
1.0, mine preinstalled with OpenOffice 1.0.1

Goto this site: http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=redhat
and noted that Redhat 8 ships OpenOffice 1.0.1

Post by Gerry Too » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 12:18:41

>>I just installed Redhat 8, and noticed that Open Office 1.0 is installed by
>>default.  I'd like to have the newest features and bug fixes, but I'm a
>>little nervous about installing the newer version and messing up what I've
>>got.

>>What's new in 1.0.1, and has anyone upgraded on their Redhat system?

>>Thanks

>>Harry

> I am abit doubt that you said your Redhat 8 installed with OpenOffice
> 1.0, mine preinstalled with OpenOffice 1.0.1

> Goto this site: http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=redhat
> and noted that Redhat 8 ships OpenOffice 1.0.1

You're probably basing 1.0 on the splash screen which will only show the
first two digits of the release number. do

rpm -q openoffice

and you will see that it is 1.0.1

gerry

1. openOffice.org announces openOffice.org 1.0

"May 1, 2002 - The OpenOffice.org community today
announced the availability of OpenOffice.org 1.0,
the open source, multi-platform, multi-lingual office
productivity suite available as a free download at
the OpenOffice.org community website. OpenOffice.org
1.0 is the culmination of more than 18 months of
collaborative effort by members of the OpenOffice.org
community, which is comprised of Sun employees, volunteer
developers, marketers, and end users working to create
an international office suite that will run on all major
platforms."

http://www.openoffice.org/
(if it's not busy, that is)

--
+==================================
| M i c h a e l  J.  T o b l e r
| Authorship: "Inside Linux" ...
| "C++ Unleashed" ... "C++ How-To"
| Motocycling, Surfing, Skydiving
+==================================

2. Historic Opportunity facing Free Unix (was Re: The Lai/Baker paper,

3. OpenOffice 1.0.2 port(dk-openoffice) broken=

4. remote printing doesn't work

5. Issues upgrading to OpenOffice 6 from StarOffice5.2

6. Calendar / Scheduling tools

7. openoffice 1.0.1 under redhat 8 problem

8. NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 21 May 2003 NYLUG: Heow Eide-Goodman on Lisp

9. OpenOffice install problems in RedHat 8.0

10. OpenOffice 1.0 RMP for Redhat 7.3?

11. Does RedHat upgrade really upgrade including Caldera

12. If RedHat upgraded, will kernel also be upgraded?

13. Getting the Free86 Upgrade for Redhat - Show me the way to the intel upgrade!