Package dependencies

Post by Bria » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:26:22

I installed RH last night and now I'm in the process of installing software
that I used when I had Mandrake installed.  Now some of the software that
I'm downloading is dependent on other packages, mostly libraries and
languages, if memory serves.

Is there a quick and dirty way to find out what I have so I can see what I
need to install?  Or, alternatively, is there a way to still install that
same stuff (including the dependencies) off of my Mandrake cd's?

I'd sure appreciate your ideas.

Thanks.

1. Package Dependencies

I would like to set up a system as described in the Linux from Scratch
book, however I would also like the following additions: XMMS/CD Player (so
that requires sound of some sort), GQView, KDE with IceWM (XFree86 of
course), and Abiword.  If anyone could be so kind as to list the required
packages I would have to install, I would be VERY appreciative.

                                                Thanks
                                                Ben

2. Compilation help!

3. rpm packages dependencies

4. -mount or -prune?

5. package-dependency-tree xserver gnome...

6. Logitech TrackMan

7. RH6.0 package dependencies (Was : Glibc rant)

8. e-conf doesn't work

9. Cyclic Package Dependencies

10. How to display or list package dependencies?

11. spurious inter-package dependencies

12. rpm package dependencies

13. "Standard" package dependency description?