Anyone know of an EZ GUI Screen Capture prog for RH8

Anyone know of an EZ GUI Screen Capture prog for RH8

Post by rock » Thu, 01 May 2003 16:21:47

Hello,

I'm looking for a easy to use GUI Screen Capture program for RH 8 not
command line.

Wish to capture the actual screen that is showing and save to a jpg or
whatever.

Thanks

rock

Post by Vwake » Thu, 01 May 2003 19:02:01

:) I'm looking for a easy to use GUI Screen Capture program for RH 8 not
:) command line. Wish to capture the actual screen that is showing and
:) save to a jpg or whatever.

Ohh yaah. GIMP!!!. Open up gimp, if you dont have install it, goto
FILE --> Acquire --> Screenshot.

;)

Post by James Knot » Thu, 01 May 2003 19:54:36

> Hello,

> I'm looking for a easy to use GUI Screen Capture program for RH 8 not
> command line.

> Wish to capture the actual screen that is showing and save to a jpg or
> whatever.

KDE has KSnapshot

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.

Post by Paul W. Frield » Fri, 02 May 2003 07:00:04

> I'm looking for a easy to use GUI Screen Capture program for RH 8 not
> command line.

> Wish to capture the actual screen that is showing and save to a jpg or
> whatever.

In GNOME, Try Alt+PrintScreen to capture the current window. If you want
the whole screen, just hit PrintScreen. Default save is to PNG format. You
should be able to use ImageMagick or GIMP to convert the file, should you
need to do so.

--

Paul W. Frields, RHCE/RHCX    (remove "foo" from e-mail to reply)

Anyone know of an EZ GUI Screen Capture prog for RH8

Thank you  very much.