Error When Compiling - Don't Know What I Am Missing

Error When Compiling - Don't Know What I Am Missing

Post by Mik » Sat, 18 May 2002 23:57:36

Compiling an application on RH 7.3 and I get the following error.  I
am fairly new and am not sure what I need - Anyone help out?

in the prefix,you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed.  This will
fail.  So, check this please and use another prefix!

1. New @ Kernal Compiling - Have Error, Don't Know What To Do

Hello.
I've givin my first try at compiling a kernel on my RedHat 5.2 OS and
I've run into a problem, and can't figure out what do do or look for.

First off, I'm recompiling it because when I try to run mt PPP-ON
script from the console, it says I don't have the PPP module compiled
into my kernel (although I can connect to my ISP just fine within
X)... So I followed the instructions in my RH5.2 manual on recompiling
a kernel.

I went through 'make menuconfig' just fine and have everything setup
correctly as far as I know, and I can run 'make dep | make clean' just
fine.  But when I try to run 'make boot' it gives me an error when
finished as follows:

a /usr/src/linux-2.0.36/arch/i386/lib/lib.a -o vmlinux
init/main.o(.data+0x138): undefined reference to sound_setup'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

=) I'm taking wild guess here, but I figure there's something wrong w/
my sound..  But I just don't know what to look for.  Is there any
other info I need to give so that someone may be able to help me w/
this?

I do know that a new kernel isn't placed in the
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/ dir so I'm still running off the one I
installed RH with.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Maybe one day I'll understand Linux configuring a little better.. =)

2. sendmail and users

3. Error when compiling - trying to figure what I am missing

4. ls on hpfs seg faults under 2.1.119

5. Error when compiling - Trying to figure out what i am missing.

6. Out of memory?, what does X do? DIES!!!

7. Error while compiling - Trying to figure out what I am missing

8. Automaitc restart program

9. Don't know what to do: compiling under Linux

10. Don't know how to compile agp_if.c

11. I don't need to know Apache, but I do need to know this...

12. Using g++ - getting error, but don't know why

13. LILO error message "don't know how to handle device 0x1602"