VMWare problem with Dual bootablity

Post by Sulliva » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:20:14

I am  trying to get VmWare to recognize and boot my existing windows(98)
partition from RH7.1.
It begins the boot process but instead of running the  bootmanager
(LILO). It just goes off into the never never land of 00 00 00 00 00 0
00 0.
Has anyone ever seen this? heard of this? have an idea of what is
happening?
KS-

Post by Charles Sulliva » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 07:00:50

> I am  trying to get VmWare to recognize and boot my existing windows(98)
> partition from RH7.1.
> It begins the boot process but instead of running the  bootmanager
> (LILO). It just goes off into the never never land of 00 00 00 00 00 0
> 00 0.
> Has anyone ever seen this? heard of this? have an idea of what is
> happening?
> KS-

I don't know if this is related to what you are seeing, but last time
I looked there were some potential problems using vmware with existing
Win 98 installations - it was recommended that Win 98 be installed anew
under vmware.