6.1 screen resolution change???

Post by Greg Ottri » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Very very newbe to Linux Redhat 6.1 and it installed OK but how do i change
the screen resolution. It looks like it's set at 1600x1200, I have Matrox
Millium G200 w/8megs and a Sony 220GS 17in monitor.

Greg Ottria KE6PTP
Castro Valley, CA

6.1 screen resolution change???

Post by Duane Evenso » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

'Ctrl Alt +' cycles you through the available graphic modes.

> Very very newbe to Linux Redhat 6.1 and it installed OK but how do i change
> the screen resolution. It looks like it's set at 1600x1200, I have Matrox
> Millium G200 w/8megs and a Sony 220GS 17in monitor.

> Greg Ottria KE6PTP
> Castro Valley, CA

1. RH 6.1 screen resolution

I am trying to figure out how to change my screen resolution from the
default.  I have already tried the CTRL + ALT + KeypadPlus method, which
didn't work, and I also went to the Xconfigurator, but I have a generic
monitor so it messes up the screen when I change it from there.  Is there
any other way that I could change the resolution.

2. Password probs (win98, printing)

3. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

4. bash newbie

5. Changeing screen resolution/dimensions in Redhat Linux 6.1

6. For invoke the http demon at boot time~

7. Change resolution w/Redhat 6.1??

8. Trouble with mt

9. Changing screen resolution on multiple screen system

10. Changing monitor resolution and fonts size/type in 6.1

11. changing screen resolution in linux-mandrake 7.0

12. Changing screen resolution on a SunRay system?

13. Changing screen resolution