How do I delete directories?

Post by Doug Holt » Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:24:38

Howdy;

I forgot how to delete directories (used a recursive switch).  I'm out of
space on my boot directory and need to free up some space for kernel
updates.

What is the command to remove all subdirectories underneath?

TNX
--
Doug Holtz

How do I delete directories?

Post by onespee » Mon, 24 Mar 2003 05:25:41

rm -r <directory name>

HOWEVER, I would suggest uninstalling rpms to free up space versus
deleting directories in the boot partition. Just going in and
whacking directories is quite messy...

If you want to uninstall old versions of the kernel:

rpm -qa | grep -i kernel #to list all installed kernels
rpm -evv kernel-<version> #to uninstall old version

Jeff

> Howdy;

> I forgot how to delete directories (used a recursive switch).  I'm out of
> space on my boot directory and need to free up some space for kernel
> updates.

> What is the command to remove all subdirectories underneath?

> TNX
> --
> Doug Holtz

How do I delete directories?