How to setup SanDisk MMC reader

Post by neoti » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:04:54

Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install the SanDisk
SDDR-33 MMC/SD card reader?  Their website said that it is Linux
compatible, but I've been unable to get it to work.

I'm running Red Hat 8.0 with Bluecurve.  One site that I found said to
run these steps:

mkdir /mnt/mmc
insmod scsi_mod
insmod usb-storage
mount /dev/sda
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/mmc

When I run the first insmod command, I get: bash: insmod: command not found

I need detailed steps please... I'm pretty new to Linux.

Thanks,
Tim

Post by Nikolay Zhuravle » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:45:41

> When I run the first insmod command, I get: bash: insmod: command not found

> I need detailed steps please... I'm pretty new to Linux.

> Thanks,
> Tim

Most likely, you have to be root to do this.
su -
lsmod
check if the mentioned modules are already there. If not run [as root]
/sbin/insmod

google for usb linux support. I just connected a usb digital
camera (Panasonic Lumix LC-20 which uses an SD card) on RH 7.3
by simply searching google.
It was recognized as a usb-storage, so nothing new had to be installed.

nick

1. USB SanDisk MMC reader stop working suddenly - scsi device set offline

Hi,

I am running debian testing with 2.4.18 kernel. I have been using the USB
SanDisk MultiMedia Card reader for a while successfuly as well as my usb
cd-rw. Her is the scsi information for SanDisk:

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SanDisk  Model: SDDR33USB/SDMMC  Rev: 1.09
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I used to use:
# mount -a /dev/sda1 /mnt/sdisk
succesfuly and read the files. But today, I noticed that my reader was not
working. I have been still using the same kernel and nothing change that I
can remember.

After doing the mount, if I want to access (cd /mnt/sdisk) the /mnt/sdisk,
it just hangs there. I can not kill the "cd" command, it just hangs there.
If I reboot the machine, it never reboots either saying "usb.c: USB
disconnect on device 1" and stays there till I do a hard reset.

The log files during the "cd /mnt/sdisk" shows the following: usb.c:
ignoring set_interface for dev 3, iface 0, alt 0 scsi: device set offline
- not ready or command retry failed after bus reset: host 0 channel0 id 0
lun 0 SCSI disk error: host0 channel0 id 0 lun 0 returncode=50000
  I/O error: dev 08:01 sector 281
  I/O error: dev 08:01 sector 282

Please help. Thanks.

2. Linux/SCO

3. IO errors: SanDisk ImageMate USB CF, SD, MMC reader

4. Network Neighborhood Blues!

5. Sandisk MMC reader

6. InfoMagic CD set - WOW!

7. USB SanDisk MMC reader stop working suddenly - scsi device set offline

8. ipv4: how to choose src ip?

9. SD/MMC Card reader on NoteBook

10. Newbie Question about USB CF/MMC/SM Memory Reader Writers

11. smc mmc reader/writer

12. MMC Card Reader for Linux?

13. Parallel port mmc reader/writer