Cannot find quota.conf file?! help!

Post by Aleksander V. Mazlo » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:50:54

Hi all,

i tampered around with my /etc/fstab file and installed quota! great.

now, 2-3 weeks later, i am starting to get semi offensive messages from
the quota daemon telling me to erase some of my junk. that happens even
to the accounts that do not have quota limitations imposed on them?!

well, to teach the beast to talk to it's master properly I went to
"re-configure" /etc/quota.conf file only to find out that it's empty. I
mean
[ -s /etc/quota.conf] kind of empty.

Don't know how that is possible, but it happened. Does anyone has a
generic file to email me. I just need a reference on the syntax/key
words.

I tried searching the web, and came out with bupkas.

--
Regards,
avm

1. Cannot find inetd.conf file and telnet won't start Help!

Hello,

I have just finished up with my 5th installation of Linux (practice of
course) and can't seem to find out why I can't connect via Telnet.  I
can come into the linux box on port 25, but not 23.

I was told to check the inetd.conf file, but that file does not seem
to exist on my box, or I cannot find  it.  I used vi to try and open
it, but I get an error that it can't find the file under /etc
directory.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm running RedHat 6.2

TIA

2. Second ethernet adapter disconnects network

3. Cannot find conf. file! (Newbie)

4. Problem with NFS

5. Help on file find cannot get out /dev

6. good source for pre-owned/refurbished AIX machine

7. bootstrap task cannot find configuration file: HELP

8. Diskless Linux?

9. LaTex cannot find .sty files -- HELP!!

10. Help - cannot find C header files

11. Gnome Warning Cannot find pixmap file ... Help!

12. MAKE cannot find include files, please help !

13. Help - cannot find C header files