need help with network card

Post by shaw » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:35:41

Hi,

I just installed RH 7.1 in my machine and it doesn't detect my network card.
I have a Dlink DFE530TX+, I've checked around and downloaded source codes
for the drivers but they won't compile under 7.1.

does anyone have any hints or a driver that would compile under 7.1?

thanks
edwin

need help with network card

Post by Stephen M. William » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:43:34

> Hi,

> I just installed RH 7.1 in my machine and it doesn't detect my network
> card. I have a Dlink DFE530TX+, I've checked around and downloaded source
> codes for the drivers but they won't compile under 7.1.

> does anyone have any hints or a driver that would compile under 7.1?

> thanks
> edwin

What happens when you try to compile them?

--
Stephen Williams

* I've tried killing time, but it keeps making a comeback.

need help with network card

Post by edwi » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:20:04

Hi,

When I try to run "make"
it gives me a bunch of errors.

-------
#modules should never use kernel headers-system headers
------
and some other ones too.

Post by Stephen M. William » Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:53:22

> Hi,

> When I try to run "make"
> it gives me a bunch of errors.

> -------
> #modules should never use kernel headers-system headers ------
> and some other ones too.

Go to ftp.dlink.com/NIC/dfe530tx+/Driver and download the
dfe530tx+_driver_v051801.zip file.  Unzip the file, cd to DFE500/LINUX,
rename the RTL8139.C file to rtl8139.c.  Then run make.  If make runs fine,
try to insert the module ( insmod rtl8139 ).  If it works, add an alias to
/etc/modules.conf...something link (assuming this card is your only or
primary interface)

alias eth0      rtl8139

Let me know what happens.

HTH,