Plugins for Netscape 6.2 and RedHat 7.2 ??

Plugins for Netscape 6.2 and RedHat 7.2 ??

Post by dan sawye » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:09:05

All,

I recently upgraded to Netscape 6.2. It for the most part
seems stable and offers some nice features.

However, I have not been successful at adding plugins,
particularly accrobat. Does anyone have a roadmap of how to
do this?

Thanks,
Dan Sawyer

Plugins for Netscape 6.2 and RedHat 7.2 ??

Post by Paul Kairi » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:18:10

Check http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/

HTH

> All,

> I recently upgraded to Netscape 6.2. It for the most part
> seems stable and offers some nice features.

> However, I have not been successful at adding plugins,
> particularly accrobat. Does anyone have a roadmap of how to
> do this?

> Thanks,
> Dan Sawyer

Plugins for Netscape 6.2 and RedHat 7.2 ??

Post by James Bros » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 05:44:32

I had a simalar problem in Mozilla with Plugger.
I fixed this by commenting out lines for pdf files in /etc/pluggerrc

Quote:> All,

> I recently upgraded to Netscape 6.2. It for the most part seems stable
> and offers some nice features.

> However, I have not been successful at adding plugins, particularly
> accrobat. Does anyone have a roadmap of how to do this?

> Thanks,
> Dan Sawyer

1. install problems, redhat 6.2 vs redhat 7.2 on PC-104+ single board computer

Hi all,

This is my first venture into trying to create a (pseudo) embedded
system, so please pardon the naivete.

I am trying to install redhat 7.2 on a Tiny886ULP-X from Advanced Micro
Peripherals (UK).  This is a PC-104+ single board computer with a 666mhz
transmeta, 256mb ram, video, ethernet, a 132mb compactflash on the IDE
as the primary master (looks like a disk), and an ATAPI compatible CDROM.

So, I boot off the CD, and .....

The symptom is that the CD boots fine, but cannot proceed past keyboard
selection. I select English as the language, US as the keyboard, and
then it goes to look for the install files on the CD, and asks me where
to find the installation files, giving me the hard drive as the only
option to install from.

Redhat 6.2 boots and installs fine, with the exception that I can't get
it to install with under 132mb of flashdisk space.  However, it does
find the files on the CD,(it does not prompt for me to show it where the
files are on the hard drive) and allows me to reformat/repartition the
flash-disk and select install packages before it tells me there's not
enough diskspace. So, if I did have enough space on the flash (which I
will soon) I could install 6.2 just fine.

I have been suspecting that the 7.2 boot kernel is trying to do
something fancy with DMA/UDMA on the CDROM, so I have tried booting by
passing the flag "linux ide=nodma" to the boot kernel. This yielded
exactly the same results.

I'd like to get 7.2 up because of the 1394 support in their standard kernel.

Thanks,

Dan

2. ??: Samba and Mounting Win95 Shares?

3. Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.x or Redhat 7.2 ?

4. Linux 2.4.19-rc3-ac1

5. KDE crashes on start in RedHat 6.2 to 7.2 upgrade

6. LPRng remote printing and -Zoption

7. What's better - Redhat 6.2 or 7.2?

8. Netmeeting from behind a 2.4 / NAT kernel?

9. Video console difference between Redhat 6.2 and 7.1/7.2

10. Oracle 8.1.6 problem upgrate from RH 6.2 to 7.2

11. Multiple Sessions on RH 7.2 like they had on 6.2

12. Can I upgrade from rh 6.2 to 7.2 FAQ url needed

13. C header differences between RH 6.2 and 7.2?