233mz im using ,is too slow,not enough ram for red hat 9?

233mz im using ,is too slow,not enough ram for red hat 9?

Post by Jo » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:26:54

I have dummies cd s of Red Hat Linux 9, but cannot install?

get this error>>>> u r trying to install on a machine which isnt
supported by this release of red hat"

this 233mz im using ,is too slow,not enough ram for red hat 9?

Post by dnoy » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:00:21

233mz im using ,is too slow,not enough ram for red hat 9?

Post by Jo » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:18:47

Red Hat site says :
Minimum: Pentium-class
Recommended for Text Mode: 200 Megahertz Pentium-class or better

dont know why I cannot install  Red Hat Linux 9 on a pentium 233 PC?

I have another PC ,can I install Red Hat Linux 9 on this board?

M787CL+ Series, V3.0A,CPU Type  VIA C3- mainboard supports VIA Samuel2
1Giga Pro processor?

233mz im using ,is too slow,not enough ram for red hat 9?

Im running on a p1 200

Post by Robert M. Riches J » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:16:46

> Red Hat site says :
> Minimum: Pentium-class
> Recommended for Text Mode: 200 Megahertz Pentium-class or better

> dont know why I cannot install  Red Hat Linux 9 on a pentium 233 PC?

> I have another PC ,can I install Red Hat Linux 9 on this board?

> M787CL+ Series, V3.0A,CPU Type  VIA C3- mainboard supports VIA Samuel2
> 1Giga Pro processor?

As was asked before, how much RAM do you have?

How much disk space do you have?  What is your
proposed partition arrangement?

Also, how much are you intending to install,
minimum, default, "everything"?

Good luck.

Robert Riches

233mz im using ,is too slow,not enough ram for red hat 9?

Post by Jo » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 04:48:53

have 512mb RAM,storage is from 40gigs up,its a M787CL+ Series,
V3.0A,CPU Type VIA C3- mainboard supports VIA Samuel2 1Giga Pro
processor

> > Red Hat site says :
> > Minimum: Pentium-class
> > Recommended for Text Mode: 200 Megahertz Pentium-class or better

> > dont know why I cannot install  Red Hat Linux 9 on a pentium 233 PC?

> > I have another PC ,can I install Red Hat Linux 9 on this board?

> > M787CL+ Series, V3.0A,CPU Type  VIA C3- mainboard supports VIA Samuel2
> > 1Giga Pro processor?

> As was asked before, how much RAM do you have?

> How much disk space do you have?  What is your
> proposed partition arrangement?

> Also, how much are you intending to install,
> minimum, default, "everything"?

> Good luck.

> Robert Riches

> (Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Internal modems under Linux?

3. AIX not using *enough* RAM

4. SVR4 - Patch? - HLLAPI

5. Install Red Hat software : Not enough free space

6. NV and CUseeme

7. Red Hat 6.2 works but not Red hat 7

8. Sendmail getting Network unreachable on accept

9. ``Not enough memory'' -- 320 Megs not enough???

10. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

11. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

12. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

13. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming