lpd error

Post by phre » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:51:49

I am having trouble starting my lpd server on a redhat 7.1 machine,
heavily updated with rawhide updates

when I try starting the lpd server I get the following message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/printtool", line 7, in ?
    import printconf_gui
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/printconf_gui.py", line 40, in ?
    from printconf_conf import *
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/printconf_conf.py", line 81, in ?
    from xml.utils import qp_xml
ImportError: No module named utils

I have no idea what this means and how to fix it, can someone help me
out here, is there a package I am missing, or am i doing something
wrong - I could remove the line from the config file but i am
unwilling to do this yet and I don't know whether it is needed for the
printer to work properly

thanks

phreak

1. rlp and lpd error

I setup lpd on my OS5 to serve my 4.2 machine. Everytnihg seems to be
setup properly, /etc/printcap files OK, hosts.lpd and hosts.equiv on
both computers (I read all the directions)

The 4.2 computer gives me a request id for my print job and creates
.seq, cf*, df*, lock and status files in the /usr/spool/lpd/printer
directory but it doesn't print to the OS5 computer.

When I run rlpstat printer it says waiting for queue to be enabled on
OS5_server_name. I can run rlogin or rcmd and connect to the OS5_server
without any trouble.

Can anyone help me trouble shoot this problem.

Mike Dean

2. Can't use new IDE driver

3. lpd error message after upgrading to 2.0.29

4. User Process and a Kernel Thread

5. lpd error

6. Replying directly to author

7. Getuserattr lpd Error and Can't Print?

8. solaris/windows nt

9. Strange LPD errors

10. Help! lpd error.

11. logging lpd errors??

12. LPD error, cant resolve symbol 'dirfd'

13. lpd error msg at booting time