Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

Post by Vladimir Dort » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:03:38

My son and I just installed Red Hat 8.0 in our laptops. On mine everything
was recognized and works well, including a Linksys ethernet card and cable
modem. My son has a problem with the Cisco wireless card. It is recognized
but is shown as inactive. We then installed the Cisco Linux driver, but
there is now an error message about a conflict regarding the "airo" driver?
and the card still cannot be activated. Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Val

Post by Ed Grosveno » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:17:56

> My son and I just installed Red Hat 8.0 in our laptops. On mine everything
> was recognized and works well, including a Linksys ethernet card and cable
> modem. My son has a problem with the Cisco wireless card. It is recognized
> but is shown as inactive. We then installed the Cisco Linux driver, but
> there is now an error message about a conflict regarding the "airo" driver?
> and the card still cannot be activated. Any ideas?

> Thanks very much,

> Val

What card is it?  I vaguely remember having to recompile the kernel when
installing a Cisco wireless card in RH7 about a year ago.  Don't remember
any details other than I didn't have much fun.
--
Warning:  Use of this product may cause abdominal pain, cramping,
or gas with oily discharge.