Gnome-terminal and wtmp

Post by Jaso » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 05:10:40

Anyone having a problem with gnome-terminal writing to /var/log/wtmp, while
using RH 8.0? Another words, finger/who (who -uH) does not show the existence
of a login when gnome-terminal is used.

The limited research I have done into this problem, points me to
gnome-pty-helper as the possible culprit.
/usr/sbin/gnome-pty-helper
-rwsr-sr-x    1 root     utmp

Like I said, I haven't done too much looking into the problem right
now....was hoping anyone had the same problem and knew of a quick fix.

Thanks in advance to any help,

-Jay

1. Redhat 8: cannot log out of gnome without running gnome-terminal!

Hi there,

I have this strange problem on several redhat8.0 machines.
If I loged into gnome and just click logout, there is no response.
After I clicked gnome terminal, the terminal showed up and so the logout
 out dialog box.
Very strange and don't know why?
Anybody help ?
thank you very much.

Shi

2. -Djdbc.driver=... with servlets

3. Anyone using gnome-terminal under gnome?

4. NE1000 packet receipt hangs Linux 1.1.64

5. gnome-terminal resizing ?????

6. Terminal Velocity...

7. gnome-terminal title getting corrupted by vim

8. Concepts and Theories of shell programming.

9. changing gnome-terminal font on RH7.3

10. gnome-terminal problems

11. Better font for gnome-terminal in JDS3?

12. Can't start a Gnome-terminal after upgrade

13. Home/End do nothing in gnome-terminal