knews X-Windows Newsreader RPMs

Post by Dan Anderso » Thu, 10 May 2001 13:45:06

I just built i386 and source RPMs for knews,
a X-Windows threaded-newsreader.

It's at ftp://dan.drydog.com/pub/linux/
This is a X Windows program (but NOT a kde program).

It was built with glibc-2.2.2-10 and RedHat Linux 7.1
        - Dan

# rpm -qi knews
Name        : knews                        Relocations: /usr
Version     : 1.0b.1                            Vendor: Dan E. Anderson http://w
ww.dan.drydog.com/
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Fri May  4 00:49:54 2001
Install date: Fri May  4 00:50:28 2001      Build Host: danx.drydog.com
Group       : Applications/News             Source RPM: knews-1.0b.1-1.src.rpm
Size        : 449521                           License: gpl
Packager    : Dan E. Anderson http://dan.drydog.com/
URL         : http://www.matematik.su.se/~kjj/
Summary     : Knews is a threaded newsreader with an X Window interface.
Description :
knews is a threaded newsreader with an X Window interface
that uses NNTP to get news. Supports URLs, inline images, MIME types,
multipart articles, mailcap viewers, attachments, background threading,
kill file, regular expression search, fonts/coloring, tagging, and uudecode.

knews was written by Karl-Johan Johnsson.

-
Dan Anderson          anderson

California, USA     computer.org

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. Shell script problem with AWK

3. Where to find Qnews x-windows newsreader?

4. Export file for shared library build

5. X-windows threaded newsreader for Solaris

6. Keyboard Configuration

7. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

8. Serial console instead of graphics

9. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

10. REPOST: question for users of Knews newsreader

11. knews 0.9.3 -- a threaded newsreader for X

12. I can′t compile the knews newsreader

13. question for users of Knews newsreader