iODBC config not updating odbc.ini ot odbcinst.ini

iODBC config not updating odbc.ini ot odbcinst.ini

Post by jim brow » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 07:29:17

After severl weeks of tying to access MySQL from C++ with ODBC,
I now downloaded libiodbc-3.0.6.tar.gz.tar built and installed it.
This went very smoothly.

I ran iodbcadm-gtk and added a driver but when I look at /etc/odbcinst.ini
and /etc/odbc.ini they are not changed.
I expected the new drive to be there.

Any advice?
Jim

1. Where to place .odbc.ini for apache

I have a perl CGI script that works from the command line with .odbc.ini in
my $HOME directory. It doesn't run through apache even though I have the same
odbc.ini in ~apache (as well as the webserver's root). The webserver is
running as user 'apache' and so are my CGI scripts. When I get a CGI to
output $ENV{'HOME'} I see nothing -- even though I can login as user 'apache'

and I see $HOME is /export/home/apache. (It shows the correct $ENV{'HOME'}
for
me when I run the CGI from the command line).

Where is the .odbc.ini to be placed?

Thanks,
Chris

2. multicast problem on Solaris

3. iodbc.so not found while compiling iodbc-2.50.17, where to find iodbc.so

4. su grief on solaris 7

5. Somewhat OT: DOS PROTOCOL.INI and DNS

6. ADSL + Roaring Penguin + DYNDNS

7. wanted:UNIX API for Windows .INI format config files

8. Summary: Help! DOS murdered everyone!

10. Booting Linux *not from C:* with Win2000 bootmanager -- boot.ini

11. Autoprobe does not recognise initio ini-9100uw SCSI card

12. Accelerated-X 1.3 is not reading the ini-file

13. iODBC, ODBC drivers and help. . .