Passing arguments from the form via BASH script

Passing arguments from the form via BASH script

Post by --==[bolMyn]==- » Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I think that the subject says it all.  Can someone, please tell me how one
can pass an argument from a CGI form using a BASH script?  I've been
looking around and scraching my head but nothing seems to be doing what I
want.  "Read" does not seem to be working because it waits for the user
input.  PERL has something nice and easy:

$input = new CGI;
$myVariable = $input->parm('formArgument');

Is something like this available for BASH scripting? (or close enough).

Thanks.

--
Bolek,

ICQ: 4086197
Address: 402905326

1. script questions - passing argument as argument to another program

Hello.

I have a script that I want to take an argument and pass it to the
passwd program.

1.  How in any situation do I take an argument in a script and pass it
to a program?  I can type the command in like: passwd $1 , but I do
not know how to simulate the enter key being pressed at that point.

2.  How do I allow other users to run this script?  I want the script
itself to execute as root when run since there are commands only root
may run, and I will only give other people in a certain group the
ability to execute the script.

3.  Is there a way to associate a file with multiple groups?

Thank you for your time.

Andrew

please remove 'REMOVE' characters to e-mail me

2. Q: kernel tftp strange problem.

3. passing arguments from cgi forms to shell program

4. Sound Card Works Now

6. unix time

7. How to pass an argument to subshell of bash?

8. nforce2 driver support

9. How to pass arguments passed in ''s

10. Apache 1.3.3 - CGI scripts - form varibles not passed

11. script argument passing

12. passing arguments with spaces in Bourne shell script

13. Passing variables as arguments to commands in a shell script