Mozilla and Java

Post by Morten Skovgaar » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:18:01

Hi!

Am I the only one who has problems with java when using the Mozilla
browser? If I try to activate java menus nothing happens whatsoever! If
I go ot Help -> About plugins it appears that the JRE plugin is installed.

I've tried to download the Java Runtime Environment and follow the
instructions from Sun but still no luck. It seems to work in Netscape
but I like Mozilla much better!!

I hope someone can help me out here.

Morten

Mozilla and Java

Post by kany » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:11:22

> Hi!

> Am I the only one who has problems with java when using the Mozilla
> browser? If I try to activate java menus nothing happens whatsoever! If
> I go ot Help -> About plugins it appears that the JRE plugin is installed.

> I've tried to download the Java Runtime Environment and follow the
> instructions from Sun but still no luck. It seems to work in Netscape
> but I like Mozilla much better!!

> I hope someone can help me out here.

> Morten

Some people just make a symbollic link, pointing from
$MOZILLAPATH/plugins/ to /usr/java/$PATHTOlibjavaplugin_oji.so. Others
just link all of netscape's plugins to the Mozilla plugin directory.
Either way works - I do the former.

Mozilla and Java

Post by Yvan » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:00:50

| > Am I the only one who has problems with java when using the Mozilla
| > browser? If I try to activate java menus nothing happens whatsoever!
|
| Some people just make a symbollic link, pointing from
| $MOZILLAPATH/plugins/ to /usr/java/$PATHTOlibjavaplugin_oji.so. Others
| just link all of netscape's plugins to the Mozilla plugin directory.
| Either way works - I do the former.

I also tried to make symbolic link to netscape's (4.something) plugins. When
I click to plugins in mozilla i see a list of netscape plugins, but when
enter address with javascript - it wont work. Another strange thing is, in
netscape i can see javascript menubar only as a root!?!?!

--
---------- NOSPAM email address DO NOT reply ----------
------------------ perlica - at - yahoo - dot - com -----------------

In the systems being developed here, everything is coded in Java. There
are about 100 Java applications each running its own virtual machine.

I'm supposed to work with test and performance analysis of these systems
and I'm using tools that log system behaviour on process level.

The problem is that all I see is 100 processes named Java with some
small variations in command line parameters.

Is there a safe way to alter the process names either at startup or at
runtime ?
What could be the consequences of doing such a thing ?

//Hans Hagberg

2. TCP/IP: Sharing socket descriptors

3. More java headache. Java crashes mozilla

4. .Free Cash Grants.

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. The Next Big Thing.

7. java on Mozilla

8. Problems installing network card on RH 7.2

9. quick java + mozilla question

10. Mozilla and Java plug-in

11. Java Mozilla Opera

12. Problems with linux-mozilla and java

13. Mozilla 0.98 and java plugin